[Yum] Package signature check error

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed May 21 19:27:54 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 15:17, Troels Arvin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> System: Red Hat 8.0.
> Yum version: 1.0.1-1_80.
>
> On one of my hosts with yum installed, I'm seeing a strange situation
> where yum will not accept a package's signature, but RPM itself says
> that it's OK:

ah yes - the joys of 8.0 and rpm 4.0.4 and rpm 4.1

so in rpm 4.1 the gpg key checking was moved inside rpm - ie it doesn't
invoke gpg anymore.

ok, great. So you store gpg keys in the rpmdb.

but rpm 4.1 also makes certain things not-so-worky with
ts.addInstall(foo, 'a')

so we needed the librpm404 and python-rpm404 bindings for systems
running rpm 4.1 (ie: 8.0) (notably rpm 4.1.1 fixes this problem for me
and the yum 1.9x line of code can be used under 4.1.1)

ok - but rpm 4.0.4 invokes gpg externally - so you have to have an
external gpg pubkey file to get the keys from.

this page gives a summary for the ones used at duke:
http://linux.duke.edu/doc/gpg.ptml

useful in general though.

that should straighten out the problem you're having.

alternatively - upgrade to rpm 4.1.1, install the new yum and forget
about rpm 4.0.4 entirely.