[Yum] Yum error in erasing?

Stephen Granade stephen at granades.com
Wed May 21 15:38:12 UTC 2003

I've run into an odd error in trying to remove the mailman package from my
RHG/L 9 box. When I try to "yum erase mailman", after a bit it says

Calculating available disk space - this could take a bit
error reading information on service mailman: No such file or directory
error: %preun(mailman-2.1-8) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Erased:  mailman.i386
Transaction(s) Complete

Now I happen to know it's lying in the next-to-last message, as rpm -qa
shows mailman-2.1-8 still happily installed. Does anyone know what might
be happening?

Stephen

--
Stephen Granade                      |  Brass Lantern
Editor, Webmaster, General Deckhand  |  the adventure game web site