[Yum] near death upgrade

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun May 18 21:11:16 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-05-17 at 12:28, Joe Sauer wrote:
> I've unfortunately also had /var totally fill up too (when doing a massive set
> of updates. For a 7.3 systems, w/ yum-1.0-1_73). I got tons of rpm
> errors as a result and thought the system was going to be hosed or something.

so /var fills up at some point during the install process.

That's a touch confusion considering that the space check has already
been done at the point AND the rpms have already been downloaded.

I wonder how much free space rpm requires during ANY transaction to run
correctly.

B/c that is where the problem is occurring.