[Yum] Bad magic number in /usr/share/yum/yummain.pyc

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue May 13 20:39:53 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 16:55, jonathan pickard wrote:
> Hi
> I just installed yum-1.0-20030508.noarch.rpm on my RH8.0 machine and I get the
> following error when I run yum arch.
>
> [root at hannah up2date]# yum arch
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 22, in ?
>     import yummain
> ImportError: Bad magic number in /usr/share/yum/yummain.pyc
>
> and I get the same error when I try yum update
>
> [root at hannah i386]# yum update
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 22, in ?
>     import yummain
> ImportError: Bad magic number in /usr/share/yum/yummain.pyc
>

> yum arch and yum update used to run fine using yum-1.0-1_80.noarch.rpm
> Looks like back to 1.0-1 for me.

When I posted those I mentioned that the noarch.rpm was built for 7.X
not 8.0 - you'll need to build this src.rpm:

http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download/daily/1.0/yum-1.0-20030508_8.0.src.rpm

for 8.0

> Can we post bugs here?

things like this sure - if it were an actual code bug I wouldn't mind
seeing a mention of it here pointing to a bugzilla bug at:
https://devel.linux.duke.edu/bugzilla/

Thanks
-sv

> PS. YUM is sweeeeet