[Yum] yum-arch -q flag

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Mon May 12 03:12:21 UTC 2003

I would like the -q flag to not output warnings.  Either that, or send
them to stdout rather than stderr.  The warnings I'm referring to are
"warning: package kernel-smp = 2.4.18-3 was already added, replacing
with kernel-smp <= 2.4.18-3" warnings for different architectures.  I'm
using yum 1.97-1 on a RHL 9 system.

I'd rather not run 2>&1 on the cronjob that runs yum-arch, but will if I
continue to get e-mail every night when it runs.

If these are not warnings that can be safely ignored, would someone
please tell me what they are about.

Joseph