[Yum] Only cosmetics: http referrer?

Michael Stenner mstenner at phy.duke.edu
Fri May 9 12:58:32 UTC 2003

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 10:17:57AM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> looking at my stats I see yum come up as "Python-urllib/2.0a1",
> would you like to change that to something like yum/someversionhere?

This is doable.  I'm not sure how "worth it" it is.

1) it needs to be done differently for urllib vs urllib2 (yum 1.x vs
   yum 2.x)

2) the yum version is currently not available from within the program
   itself.

3) even if it were, there is some desire to keep the urllgrabber code
   library-like in that it shouldn't depend back on yum.

All three of these are surmountable obstacles.  I'm just not sure it's
worth the time, energy and cruft.

					-Michael
--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner at phy.duke.edu
  Box 90305, Durham N.C. 27708-0305