[Yum] Re: 'Redundant' repositories?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 24 22:12:22 UTC 2003

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 07:00:50AM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 05:02, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > yum does handle multiple repositories, but how does it choose which one to use
> > when the rpm to be installed is the same on both? I'd like to setup copies of
> > repositores in such a way that file:// repositories are preferred to http://
> > ones. Unfortunately it always seem to pick http:// if both are present. I
> > tried to change order in yum.conf, but that didn't help.
>

> read the man page about pkgpolicy=last
>
> It sorts them and you can reorder them based on that ordering.

What I am searching for is something like pkgpolicy=newest_and_if_equal_then_last ;=)

Could newest be defined to mean "sort by time then by serverid"? Perhaps it
already is?

The idea is to have the file:// mirror override the http:// repository only
if the rpms are the same, otherwise use the remote repo. Using last would
always choose the local repo even if the remote has newer rpms.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de