[Yum] Re: Is there a better way??

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Sat Mar 22 00:33:54 UTC 2003

On 21 Mar 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> right - my goal would be to probably implement two things
> 1. the retrying thing
> 2. maybe a command "yum sanitycheck" - so it runs through and
> sanitychecks all the headers, throws out old ones, etc.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

> Well I talked to jeff some about this - he seemed to tell me that I
> should indeed just rm the __db files before a write operation in yum
> until the NPTL stuff get settled out.

Is there a downside to killing the files?? I am not aware of any but...

> If he wasn't being sarcastic it's not terribly hard to unlink those
> files right before the ts is run.

Hummmm, sounds like figuring out if it is sarcasm or not is the hardest
part. :-)

Thanks,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl at rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....