[Yum] Is there a better way??

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Mar 21 17:01:59 UTC 2003

Hi,
I am having some problems with yum on a couple of machines (not really
a yum problem). Occasionally one of the downloads gets corrupted and the
yum update fails. This is not really a big deal except it sometimes
takes me a couple of days to notice. At that point I go in and rm the
offending file and all is well. The other problem I am having is that
the rh8 systems get the dreaded rpmdb corruption that causes yum to hang
indefinitely. Again it is easy to fix but it sometimes takes a couple of
days to notice. For the corrupt download above I have added a yum clean
packages to the nightly cron job. I am not sure that is the right answer
but I have not come up with a better way. For the corrupt rpmdb I do not
have an answer other than to look at each machine every few days. Is there
a better way to manage this??

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl at rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....