[Yum] Bug found - updating mozilla

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Thu Mar 20 15:04:01 UTC 2003

Hi,
We were recently testing out the new mozilla rpm's in our test repository and
some users kept getting the following error when trying to update.  This has
been tested and fails with the release candidate, as well as yum 1.0, and the
latest daily.

# yum update 'mozilla*'
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Fermi Linux 73rolling main
Getting headers from: Fermi Linux 73rolling updates
Getting headers from: yum update
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
Traceback (innermost last):
   File "/usr/sbin/yum", line 44, in ?
     yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
   File "yummain.py", line 202, in main
   File "nevral.py", line 263, in resolvedeps
   File "archwork.py", line 63, in bestarch
IndexError: list index out of range
#

I have the the debug files on the web at
http://home.fnal.gov/~dawson/yum/tests/
Looking through them, and the code, I can't figure out what the problem is,
because at least to me, it looks like it's doing everything right and
everything looks right.

Thanks
Troy