[Yum] Multiple Repository Hell

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Mar 17 14:22:18 UTC 2003

On 16 Mar 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> absolutely - and that is what I implemented.
> Please test the latest daily -see if it does what you want.
>
> If it does then I'm going to change the default config file in the
> tarball, too.

[herrold at oldnews dl]$ cat /etc/yum.conf
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest

[base]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever base
baseurl=http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/$releasever/i386/

[updates]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever updates
baseurl=http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/updates/$releasever/

[herrold at oldnews dl]$

.... then test it.

[herrold at oldnews dl]$ sudo rpm -e mozilla plugger galeon
	mozilla-psm mozilla-mail mozilla-chat
[herrold at oldnews dl]$ sudo yum -y install mozilla plugger
	galeon mozilla-psm mozilla-mail mozilla-chat
Password:
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Red Hat Linux 8.0 base
Getting headers from: Red Hat Linux 8.0 updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[install: plugger.i386]
[install: galeon.i386]
[install: mozilla-psm.i386]
[install: mozilla-mail.i386]
[install: mozilla.i386]
[install: mozilla-chat.i386]
Calculating available disk space - this could take a bit
mozilla 100 % done
plugger 100 % done
galeon 100 % done
mozilla-psm 100 % done
mozilla-mail 100 % done
mozilla-chat 100 % done
Installed:  plugger.i386 galeon.i386 mozilla-psm.i386
mozilla-mail.i386 mozilla.i386 mozilla-chat.i386
Transaction(s) Complete
[herrold at oldnews dl]$

... worked fine in this initial test.

-- Russ Herrold