[Yum] Yum Compatibility

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Wed Mar 12 14:51:50 UTC 2003

seth vidal wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 21:29, Erik Williamson wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>Just wondering if anyone knows what releases of RedHat & versions of
>>Python yum is known to work with - I know that it kicks ass on 7.3 &
>>8.0,  but would like to know about 6.2 -> 7.2
>>

> 7.1, 7.2 no problem - with rpm 4.0.4 updates
> 7.0 probably ok
> 6.2 - big blazing question mark.
> enjoy :)
>
> -sv
Notice that Seth points out that it works with 7.1 rpm 4.0.4.  We have it
running with 7.1 rpm 4.0.2 (which is what you get out of the box), but it
doesn't resolve dependancies as well as when you go to rpm 4.0.4.  But it does
still work.

We tried to get it running on our 6.1.2 which has rpm 3.0.5, but it didn't
work.  Others might have been able to get it to work, but we tried, failed,
and then just didn't worry about it.

Troy