[Yum] Multiple Repository Hell

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Mar 12 14:45:31 UTC 2003

> RFE again: Could I please have an 'arch' and RH version as
> environmental variables for yum, and I'll deliver a more
> general solution in very short order.

Environment variables used where?

Is this so you could put $ARCH and $RHLVER in the config file and have
it get them from the environment?

The arch sounds reasonable - I'm still somewhat sketchy about making a
rhlver option.

What if it were something like this - a config option - defaulting to
None that allowed you to set which package's version determined your
os/distro version.

ie: redhat-release, yellowdog-release, asplinux-release, etc

That way it wouldn't be binding to only red hat's ver number.