[Yum] Multiple Repository Hell

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Mar 11 22:32:48 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 17:11, Troy Dawson wrote:

> We didn't think all of this up at once, it's been several years that evolved
> into this format, but it works quite well.

Two comments:

1. has anyone ever considered needing something like a web-driven/db to
store hostname/yum.conf that could be editable by admins, so that when
host12345 connects to a cgi script it gets back a customized yum.conf
for it.

2. Several years that evolved into this format? Several years?? /me does
a quick check on the lifetime of yum so far... Hmm you guys at fermi
working with flux capacitors now-a-days? ;)