[Yum] ignoresize option

Miles Egan miles at caddr.com
Fri Mar 7 22:17:22 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 12:48, seth vidal wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 13:03, Miles Egan wrote:
> > We have a large cluster environment in which a lot of machines copy
> > files amongst themselves using nfs and the automounter.  Needless to
> > say, hung nfs mounts are somewhat common with this many machines.  This
> > causes yum headaches because rpm tries to stat all the filesystems to
> > make sure there's enough space.  Is there any way now to pass the
> > equivalent of the --ignoresize flag to yum?  Is there any interest in
> > adding one if not?
>
> There isn't a way of doing that right now. From what I've heard the disk
> space checking has gotten harder and there might be a reasonable
> argument for a config option of diskspacecheck and have it default to
> on.
>
> Now, I'd be prone to have it work this way. It doesn't do the check but
> rpm will still check for it during the install - just not do the prelim
> check.

I'm not sure if I completely understand.  The idea is that there'd be a
config option to yum to switch the space check off but rpm will do the
check itself regardless?  If this is the case it probably wouldn't help
us much.  We almost never run out of root drive space but we often have
the occasional hung mount and it's generally much more important to make
sure that all the right updates get applied than it is to make sure we
don't fill something up.

--
Miles Egan <miles at caddr.com>