[Yum] ignoresize option

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Mar 7 20:48:14 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 13:03, Miles Egan wrote:
> We have a large cluster environment in which a lot of machines copy
> files amongst themselves using nfs and the automounter.  Needless to
> say, hung nfs mounts are somewhat common with this many machines.  This
> causes yum headaches because rpm tries to stat all the filesystems to
> make sure there's enough space.  Is there any way now to pass the
> equivalent of the --ignoresize flag to yum?  Is there any interest in
> adding one if not?

There isn't a way of doing that right now. From what I've heard the disk
space checking has gotten harder and there might be a reasonable
argument for a config option of diskspacecheck and have it default to
on.

Now, I'd be prone to have it work this way. It doesn't do the check but
rpm will still check for it during the install - just not do the prelim
check.

after all, if you're system really is short on disk space it will break
and you're going to want to know what the error message is :)

Does that make sense?