[Yum] graphical yum

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Mar 5 15:41:29 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 10:33, Troy Dawson wrote:
> Howdy,
> First off, I've put the latest daily release into our contrib repository
> so that our users can test it more.  We'll let you know if anyone finds
> a bug.
>
> Just out of curiousity, has anyone done any work on some type of
> graphical interface for yum?
> I'm not saying it really needs one, it works great by text alone, but
> being a person who does alot of graphics, I was just wondering.

I'd like to see it happen. Things that need to be finished before it's
easily done:
1. finish the rpmUtils class use
2. implement a yumException so I can throw exceptions rather than
sys.exit on certain nasty states.

ideally a gui interface could just import what yummain imports and
replace a few things in the callback and clientstuff.

or just import what it needs from the other files and run from there.