[Yum] sendmail updates

Keith Winston kwinston at twmi.rr.com
Mon Mar 3 19:40:50 UTC 2003

seth vidal wrote:
> Hey folks,
>  For any of you who are using the yum-repositories at
> mirror.dulug.duke.edu - I just forced an update and re-ran the yum-arch
> for the sendmail patches. Get'em before someone gets you :-D

Thankfully, I've been running Postfix for a couple of years now.  But
this brings up another question...

Do most people use Internet yum-repositories or roll their own?

I've been wget-ing the redhat 8 binary updates on my home server and
updating all my machines with yum from there.  There seems to be a trade
off between using bandwidth/storage to create your own repository vs.
possibly slower updates by using an Internet based one run by someone else.

Also, you have the issue of trust to deal with when you use a repository
that someone else maintains.

What is the rest of the yum world doing?

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+
Wake up, baby, cause I'm coming to you from the future -- D Wyndorf