[Yum] Re: Suggestion for yum's rpm

Tom Hines tom_hines at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 20:46:59 UTC 2003

> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:27:15 +0100 (BST)
> From: Steve Traylen <s.traylen at rl.ac.uk>
> To: Carlos Villegas <villegas at math.gatech.edu>
> Cc: yum at dulug.duke.edu
> Subject: Re: [Yum] Re: Suggestion for yum's rpm
>

> Rather than making the yum.cron a %config file
perhaps create
> a /etc/yum-cron.conf that is sourced. It's then
> obviously a config file
> that can be marked no replace.

That's what I was thinking. Then, if you do that, how
about doing something like FreeBSD does with its
system config files. It stores its config files in
/etc/Defaults. User overrides go in /etc. For example,
/etc/Defaults/make.conf is sourced and at the end, it
reads in /etc/make.conf. When the system is updated,
only the files in /etc/Defaults are updated, not the
user overrides. This way, any new config options are
received and used, but the user overrides remain.

Just a thought.

-th