[Yum] Exception thrown when rpm listed in header.info is missing.

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Jun 24 22:21:52 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 19:47, seth vidal wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 12:41, Carwyn Edwards wrote:
> >
> > I get the following error when the header is listed in the header.info
> > but neither the header or the rpm are actaully available. I know it's
> > really jpackage's fault for having a broken header set (mirroring
> > problems I think) but I'm guessing an error message rather than an
> > exception should be what I'm spotting here.
[...]
> > http://eu.dl.sf.net/sourceforge/jpackage/direct_download/1.5/generic/free/
>
> Actually it's an error in the 1.98 for failover stuff.

...as well as a mirroring issue indeed inside SF.net, something we in
JPackage cannot affect.  But hey, as we saw, it's a good stress test for
apt/yum/urpmi :)

If interested, do a "host dl.sf.net" a couple of times (ditto for
eu.dl.sf.net) and witness the addresses change.  Given that, it'd be
really nice if their mirrors would keep in sync better than they do now.

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi