[Yum] daily release for 2.0 branch

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Jun 24 12:37:09 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 08:24, Chris Chabot wrote:
> Thing is, i'm working on a few other posible patches for yum.. two of
> which would depend on non-compressed headers.
>
> One is a proof-of-concept tool that downloads the headers from a
> normal redhat ftp server (open rpm file, only read in & parse sig,
> lead and header part of the file, and save header to disk and generate
> a local header.info), and one to parse up2date saved headers.
>
> Both would rely on non compressed .hdr parsing ;-)

The first is asking for trouble in keeping things updated. Keeping up
with a unindexed repository will be a serious pain in the ass. I looked
into it in some detail.

Also reading _just_ the header from a remote site will require turning
off any signature checking in rpm as rpm 4.2 and above will want to read
the whole file in, otherwise.