[Yum] tolerant mode

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Jun 21 20:32:37 UTC 2003

Hey all,
 I was wondering what y'all thought about acceptable behavior for
'tolerant mode'.

the idea is something many have requested.

right now yum is not terribly tolerant to user's requesting to
install/update/remove packages that are already in those states:

ie: yum install glibc foo bar baz
 will exit b/c glibc is installed.

so I've added a -t option and tolerant= in the conf file to let yum
ignore the stuff that is already updated/installed/removed and just act
on the rest of the packages (it will still warn you about it though,
tough noogies, that's not going away ;)

anyway - if you request to do something to a package that does not exist
at all should it happily move along? I'm inclined to say yes - but I
wanted to see y'alls thoughts as well.