[Yum] yum, 7.3 question

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Jun 17 19:21:45 UTC 2003

> yum stops after the first package with ... is installed and is the latest
> version, but there could be a package not installed later in this list. Is
> there an option to handle the full list, so it can found the packages
> which need realy instalation? Could we have an option like
> yum -f <pkglist> install
> and/or
> yum -l install $LIST  # or # yum -l -f <pkglist> install
> to say "try the hole list to install"
> or is ther another/better way to handle such behavior?

so the answer to this is sorta two parts:

1. I've considered adding a -t option to the install/erase/update
command line to let the processes be "tolerant" of errors in the
request.

so if you request to install glibc and it's already installed then the
installer will be tolerant of you and not yell at you about it/exit.

2. the script-style install is something we discussed on this list
before. And I'm planning on doing - however, I'm not not planning on
doing it for yum 1.0.X - it's just not in the cards considering how
soon-to-dead rhl 7.3 or any rpm 4.0.4-based distro is.

those are my thoughts.