[Yum] Recommended yum repository for Mandrake 9.1?

John Moore john at jmsd.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 17:13:55 UTC 2003

At 10:00 06/06/2003 -0700, garrick wrote:

>The only Mandrake repo I know of is here:
>http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/yum-repository/mandrake/
>
>Here's a sample yum.conf that you can start with here:
>http://speculation.org/garrick/yum.conf
>Here's an SRPM of the latest yum for Mandrake (the conf in the rpm is
>for mdk 8.2, so use the conf in the link above):
>ftp://polop.usc.edu/pub/srpms/yum-1.0.1-4gs.src.rpm

Great stuff, thanks!

>With access to both yum and urpmi, we have it good on Mandrake :)

Very interested in your comparison. I've just switched back to Mandrake
after using Libranet 2.0 for a while. I got used to apt with Libranet, and
I'm reluctant to lose its benefits, so I'm hoping yum will be as good. (The
reason I switched is because I was using the older free Libranet and
couldn't get the look - in terms of fonts, etc. - to be good enough for me
to want to use it as my main development platform. Mandrake 9.1 looks good
enough for me to move away from W2K now. I'm sure the latest Libranet would
look great as well, as it has the same things, it's just that I had the
disks of Mandrake to hand. Libranet is a great distribution, though).

John

John Moore     -    Norwich, UK    -    john at jmsd.co.uk