[Yum] Re: yum] More suggestions...

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Jun 6 13:38:23 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 08:54, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Robert G. Brown wrote:
>
> > doesn't scale terribly well.  Remember, you don't want those junior
> > admins to have to do TWO things where one would suffice...especially if
> > they actually have to choose between several sets of files posted there
> > so that they could make a mistake.
>
> and this is not just a theoretical matter -- I had a
> 'multiple similar files' available cause a sysadmin in
> training uncover a serious yum-rpm interaction just yesterday.

lest anyone get worried it was yum-rpm interaction that occurred b/c the
wrong version was downloaded of yum. 1.96, a few of you will remember,
did "the wrong thing" with regard to the rpmdb and the 'private' macro.

it has long since been corrected and 1.96 has now been moved to attic so
you will have to work harder to download it.