[Yum] Re: yum mirroring

Grigory Bakunov black at asplinux.ru
Thu Jul 31 05:24:37 UTC 2003

> Unfortunately, my weak Ukrainian doesn't translate into any kind of
> Russian comprehension :)
>
> After nabbing your RPMS/yum1.1.1-1.9asp.noarch.rpm, I had a few
> problems. Since I didn't have the "repos" RPM on me, I --nodeps that. A
> python exception is thrown if /etc/yum.d doesn't exist at all, so I made
> an empty directory. Also, yum-mirror complained about about "not finding
> a [main] in the config file", when the real error would have been "file
> permission denied"
You can get yum-repos here:
http://stuphead.asplinux.ru/yum/RPMS/yum-repos-1.1.1-1.9asp.noarch.rpm
It's just an rpm which contain default configs for our distro.

> I added a mirrors=path to my yum.conf, after which "yum-mirror suck"
> (who's --help is empty, so I guessed a little) produced:
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/var/cache/yum/base8/header.info'.
>
> Am I correct in guessing that yum-mirror must be used as root, and
> stores all its files in /var/cache/yum? Is there anyway I can run it
> using a non-root user, with an alternate config file and non-/var/cache
> paths?

yum-mirror just prepare script which mirror repository to /var/cache/yum
You can chown /var/cache/yum to your user/group, yes? :)

IRC: irc.freenode.net #asplinux                Grigory Bakunov
ICQ: 51369901                        ASPLinux Development Team
Life would be so much easier if
                        we could just look at the source code.