[Yum] cron on by default

Aleksander Demko Aleksander.Demko at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Jul 30 21:03:19 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 15:58, seth vidal wrote:
> Well it's not so much I want to be 'completely secure' - there is no
> such thing - I just want to be relatively sanely secure.
>
> what that entails I'm not certain of - so until I find an answer I'm
> comfy with I'd rather not give people a by-default false sense of
> security and raise the difficulty of getting started.

Sounds fair.

Am I missing something, or is the "yum update" cron thing on by default,
on install? Seems that the yum "service" is set to run on run levels
3-5, and thus make that file that the cron job checks for. If so, this
might surprise users (and be useless for modem users, if such souls
still exist). Of course, I could easily be missing something :)

--
// Aleksander.Demko at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca ademko at nrc.ca scopira.org //