[Yum] HTTP/FTP Authentication

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Jul 29 23:11:47 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 20:00, Michael Stenner wrote:
> OK, I have a new urlgrabber.py.  Here's what's changed:
>
> * user-agent support in both 1.x series and 2.x series (it was in 2.x
>   but I changed how it is done).
> * auth support for http[s] in the 2.x series.
>
> Here's the current status of auth support:
>
>                1.x (python 1.5.2)     2.x (python 2.2)
> http                yes                   yes
> http auth           yes                   yes
> https               no                    yes
> https auth          no                    yes
> ftp                 yes                   yes
> ftp auth            ?                     ?

Michael - one note to the patches you checked in.

in 2.x you could maybe grab __version__ from yummain - or find a way of
setting it from there

or alternatively, push it into conf as  conf.version, or the reverse.

you get the idea.

I couldn't put version in the config stuff for the --version command b/c
that part happens before the config exists - but certainly we could
conf.version = __version__ after the conf has been setup.