[Yum] Re: yum] Re: yum] HTTP/FTP Authentication

Rick Thomas rbthomas55 at pobox.com
Sun Jul 27 20:36:36 UTC 2003

On Yellowdog Linux 3.0 -- more or less "out of the box":

=====================================
$ yum info yum
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 YDLbase
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 YDLupdates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Looking in Available Packages:
Looking in Installed Packages:
Name   : yum
Arch   : noarch
Version: 1.0
Release: 1d
Size   : 198.10 kB
Group  : System Environment/Base
  Yum is a utility that can check for and automatically download and
install updated RPM packages. Dependencies are obtained and downloaded
automatically prompting the user as necessary.

So the version is 1.0-1d

Hope this helps,

Rick