[Yum] HTTP/FTP Authentication

Michael Stenner mstenner at phy.duke.edu
Fri Jul 25 12:37:34 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 02:35:05PM +1000, Dan Goodes wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I just tried using Yum (okay, it's the default package manager that the
> Fedora crowd have available for RH 9.0.93 / SEVERN), but I ran into a
> problem. I'd like to know if it's possible to use username/password
> authentication with yum repositories. E.g. I tried using both
>
> http://username:password@host/path/to/yum/
>
> and
>
> ftp://username:password@host/path/to/yum/
>
> and both times yum spat the dummy and complained about a bad format. Is it
> possible to set this up? If not, do you think it's likely to be put into
> some future release?

Yes.  This has been on my list of things to do for a long time.  I am
hereby committing to work on it this weekend.  If I don't, you may all
harass me mercilessly (except for Seth, who appears to need no such
permission).
					-Michael
--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner at phy.duke.edu
  Box 90305, Durham N.C. 27708-0305