[Yum] yum-arch question

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Jul 22 16:52:25 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 11:17, Carroll, Jim P wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> While munging the output of yum-arch this morning, I noticed quite a bit of output having lines similar to the following:
>
> Already found tuple: XFree86-100dpi-fonts i386
> Already found tuple: XFree86 i386
> Already found tuple: XFree86-75dpi-fonts i386
>  :
>  :

sure - you have more than one rpm that provides a certain pkgname for a
certain arch in your repository path. So yum-arch is looking at them to
see which one is newer and warning you about it to let you know you need
to clean out your cruft.

This behavior will be changing in the future as yum-arch will be keeping
track of all versions of cruft you have available on a repository.