Yum 2.0 on Red Hat Linux 7.3 (was: Re: [Yum] Gzip timestamp nullification in 1.0 branch?)

Matthias Saou matthias at rpmforge.net
Thu Jul 17 16:45:26 UTC 2003

Hi,

I guess you can forget or at least lower the priority of my request to have
gzip timestamp nullification in the 1.0 branch. I followed jbj's advice and
simply got 2.0 working by upgrading to rpm 4.1.1, installing librpm404 and
replacing "/usr/bin/python" by "/usr/bin/python2" inside yum's files :-)

For those interested in doing the same, all is here :
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/redhat/testing/rpm-4.1.1-1.7x/

The rpm packages are the exact ones from ftp.rpm.org (not rebuilt, original
signature), librpm404 was recompiled for 7x (only 8x packages are on
ftp.rpm.org) and yum is my common 2.0 source package rebuilt with :
--define 'configfor rh7.3'
--define 'python python2'
in order to have it modified to work properly.

The spec file can be found here if anyone is interested :
http://freshrpms.net/packages/builds/index.html?build=yum

Off to upgrade my server, and finally transfer less hdr files ;-)
Matthias

Raw Hide 20030716 running Linux kernel 2.4.20-20.1.2013.nptl
Load : 1.03 0.44 0.31