[Yum] Gzip timestamp nullification in 1.0 branch?

Matthias Saou matthias at rpmforge.net
Thu Jul 17 08:47:48 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm quite jealous about the gzip timestamp nullification finally having
been implemented in yum, since it has been in 2.0 which only works with rpm
>= 4.1.1 and python2, whereas my main server on which I run yum-arch is
>still running Red Hat Linux 7.3, thus rpm 4.0.4 and python 1.5.2.
As I have no easy way of upgrading the distro nor running yum-arch from
another machine, I was wondering is that feature would be easy to add to
the 1.0 branch?

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030715 running Linux kernel 2.4.20-20.1.2013.nptl
Load : 0.22 0.38 0.29