[Yum] kernel module distribution via yum?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Jul 16 18:53:13 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 21:35, Lars Damerow wrote:

> We're trying to find a way to distribute kernel modules using yum. It's trivial
> if all of the machines syncing to the repository run the same kernel, but
> that's not true in our case.
[snip]

You might find the Fedora package naming guidelines wrt. kernel module
packages handy: http://www.fedora.us/wiki/PackageNamingGuidelines

Concrete examples (and more up to date than the above doc):
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/SRPMS.stable/kernel-module-thinkpad-4.4-0.fdr.1.src.rpm
http://apt.ggu-squad.org/~pmatilai/fedora/kernel-module-ltmodem-8.26-0.fdr.5.a9.src.rpm

The question how to cleanly incorporate building packages for smp and
bigmem kernels from the same SRPM is sort of open yet.

Cheers,
--
\/