[Yum] yumgoups.xml in all repos?

nathan r. hruby nhruby at uga.edu
Mon Jul 14 16:57:45 UTC 2003

Hi!

So in attempting to make yum groupinstall (and friends) work I
discovered that the each repo must have a yumgroups.xml file in order
for the group commands to work (else one ends up with an urlgrab.error
and a 'no such group exists' error).

Is this designed this way or a bug?  If so, can I just touch an empty
yumgroups.xml file in my updates directories, or does it need to be a
valid xml file that describes nothing?

Currently just copying the same yumgroups.xml into everything makes it
work, but I get a lot of 'Duplicate dependancies" warnings..

Thanks!

-n
nathan hruby <nhruby at uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free