[Yum] feature request: which channel are we installing from?

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Tue Jul 8 12:49:51 UTC 2003

seth vidal wrote:
> So putting it in the install list should be do-able.
>
> my questions - how would you want it displayed in the yum list output?
>
> The name string has no necessary limit so it could wrap around like
> anything.
>
> suggestions?

Maybe instead of just dumping everything under "Available Packages" you could
break it up so you see

	==> Available packages:

	Name                                     Arch       Version
	[Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 2.1 base]
	kernel-headers                           i386       2.4.9-e.25

	[Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 2.1 updates]
	kernel-headers                           i386       2.4.9-e.3

That or add a column that's the section name for the channel from yum.conf...

--
    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor
  / _ \/__ \  blalor at bravo5.org