[Yum] yum daily for rpm 4.2

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Jan 30 05:51:02 UTC 2003

Hi folks,
 Got bored/irritated tonight. Produced a mostly working yum for rpm 4.2.

Things that work:
 - updates/installs/erases afaict work normally
 - lists/info etc

Things that don't work:
 - sigchecking (hehe, shouldn't take a crazy-long time at all, just
didn't feel like thinking about it tonight)
 - the disk size check before an install/update/erase isn't doing
anything (it's commented out atm)
 - the grub/lilo updating will probably break I haven't looked at it do
make the modifications work with the rpm 4.2 - just method name changes
and whatnot - but still..

tested under phoebe-2 - works from here.

get it from:

http://www.dulug.duke.edu/yum/download/yum_4_2-20030130.tar.gz

let me know the breakage you see.

This yum does NOT have some of the stuff that has gone in recently in
the rpm 4 branch - just b/c it was a snapshot taken from before I put
those things in. I'll merge them shortly.

thanks,