[Yum] Yum and Aurora Linux

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Jan 23 16:10:11 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 11:08, Jim Wildman wrote:
> A testimony to portability.  I have a Sun UltraSparc 2 on which I run
> Aurora Linux (RedHat for Sparc).  They released a new version, I pulled
> the rpms to another box, ran yum-arch, then went to the Sparc box and
> did a yum upgrade.

cool.

One question - how does aurora linux boot? Does it write a config file
out for the new kernels that get installed. There is a stub for kernel
upgrades that is left for other types of bootloaders - if you know how
the one for aurora linux works and how/where you have to add the entries
for the kernels I think I could be convinced to put that in.