[Yum] Error updating RH8

Michael Stenner mstenner at phy.duke.edu
Sun Jan 19 20:31:55 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 01:58:06PM -0500, Jim Wildman wrote:
> It is based on RH7.2, but with a number of patches backported and
> some additional packages, particularly clustering.  The kernel is a
> 2.4.9-e10 designation.

What version of rpm does it use?

run either "rpm -v" or "rpm -q rpm"

> When I tried it, it just hung.

try yum with various debug levels.  Try a couple between "-d 4" to "-d
10" and make the results available somewhere (put them on the web and
provide a link on this list).

					-Michael

--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner at phy.duke.edu
  Box 90305, Durham N.C. 27708-0305