[Yum] Help with running first time

geoff.kozens at telusplanet.net geoff.kozens at telusplanet.net
Mon Jan 6 17:34:06 UTC 2003

I have downloaded yum and changed the yum.conf file.
When I run yum it downloaded the headers fine but when I run the command
to update my new installation of Red Hat 7.2 it runs until it says
Calculating Dependencies.
Here is where it has been for 3 days.  How long should this take?
I realize this is a fresh install and there are a number of packages to be
put in place.  I am wondering if this is normal or if I should kill it because
I am missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Geoff

(p.s.  the linux box is a P2-400 with 128 meg of ram.)