[Yum] Re: Yum error question

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Tue Feb 25 05:59:12 UTC 2003

On 25 Feb 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 00:10, Tom Diehl wrote:
> >
> > I see "Installing: kernel, athlon" in the new file at line 5163. Is that
> > what you were looking for??
> >
> Right but I don't see [Install: kernel]

Neither do I. For that matter I do not see anything in square brackets.

> also - could you run rpm -q kernel
> and send me the output b/c I'm not seeing that release tag anywhere
> other than the last line, and well, that's odd. it should be in there
> _SOMEWHERE_ other than there.

The odd release tag is from a custom built kernel we installed.

> > Let me know what else you need. I am going to hold off updating this machine
> > pending your analysis. I am afraid if I ignore the kernel and update it,
> > it might "fix the problem" and we will not be able to tell what really
> > happened.
>
> send me the rpm -q kernel that'll be helpful, I think.

Here you go:
[root at octopus root]# rpm -q kernel
kernel-2.4.18-24.7.x.1.nano.tjc
kernel-2.4.7-10
kernel-2.4.18-17.7.x
kernel-2.4.9-21
[root at octopus root]#

HTH,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl at rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....