[Yum] Yum error question

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Feb 24 16:41:26 UTC 2003

Hi all,
I am trying to update a 7.2 machine with yum. The machine has a custom
kernel rpm on it. when I try to do the update I get the following error:

Errors installing:
('package kernel-2.4.18-24.7.x.1.nano.tjc (which is newer than kernel-2.4.18-24.7.x) is already installed', (8, None, 0))
[root at octopus root]#

I have tried adding exclude=kernel kernel-source to the config file but
I still get the error.

2 questions come to mind:

1) should yum barf on this or should it just ignore the kernel in the
repository?

2) If yum is doing the correct thing what incantation do I need in the
config file to get it to ignore the kernel rpms?

Regards,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl at rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....