[Yum] yum and multi architectures ???

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Feb 20 16:26:55 UTC 2003

> it would seem more effective to use some variant on:
>
>    grep ^arch_compa /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc
>
> inside a loop construct to build this list.  That way, as the
> future unfolds, updates will 'just happen' automatically.

as I wrote the parsing for that list and as I got an email from "An
Authority" about rpmrc, I was thinking I'll just put the lists in
manually, but completely, based on the current rpmrc.

I looked back through the last 3 yrs of rpmrcs in red hat linux.

the only additions have been the x86_64 and ppc64 - otherwise its all
the same.

Doing it in the code will be good forward going but it's not really
worth it.

It makes it easier to understand and/or edit and if the rpmrc goes away
I'm just going to have to redo it anyway.