[Yum] arch lists

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Feb 19 22:49:46 UTC 2003

> Some interesting results, but they don't appear to be incorrect.
>
> Looking for some assistance on verification b/c I don't know all of the
> archs.
>
> The output I got was:

I'm going to highlight the ones I have questions about:

> Base - i386 : noarch i486 osfmach3_i386 osfmach3_i486 i586 osfmach3_i586 i686 osfmach3_i486 osfmach3_i686 osfmach3_i586

So that seems odd - I see from the list that osfmach3_* is indeed compat
with i386 - still seems odd

> Base - s390 : noarch
> Base - s390x : s390 noarch

Is this consistent? It appears to be from the lists, but...

> Base - ia64 : i686 noarch osfmach3_i686 athlon
This is just odd - why does athlon and osfmach3_i686 get onto this list?

> Base - x86_64 : noarch

otherwise this performs as expected - having said that - for the
purposes of what yum has to do it'd almost be easier to maintain the
lists in archwork.py as I have it on some authority that rpmrc might not
be there in future releases of rpm.

Questions, comments? suggestions?

thanks