[Yum] yum and multi architectures ???

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue Feb 18 22:14:23 UTC 2003

On 18 Feb 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> Now is it reasonable to read that as:
>
> alphaev67 compat w/ alphaev6
> alphaev6 compat w/ alphaca56
>
> and are they therefore transitive?

not 'transitive, in the mathmatical sense -- the RHS element
is an element of a set named by the center element, having
attribute LHS element.

> is alphaev67 compat with alphaev6?

yes

> I would say yes based on what the athlon -> i386 say.
>
> And if that's true can I look through this list, grab things where the
> line ends in noarch and call those the "base classes" - doing a quick
> grep of the one on my system that gets me:
<snip>
> but then there is ppc and ppc64 which appear to not support noarch
> packages. Is that an endian issue?

I cannot answer authoritatively, but almost certainly this is
a typographical omission.  A bugzilla may be in order to
clarify this.

-- Russ Herrold