[Yum] yum and multi architectures ???

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Feb 18 19:28:36 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 14:16, Eddie Bindt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> how does yum handle multiple architectures ???
>
> I create my own local repository over the (for example) RH72 updates
>
> I run yum-arch over this part of the directory tree :
>
> redhat.updates-7.2/en/os/SRPMS
>                         /i386
>                         /i686
>                         /images
>                         /noarch
>                         /s390
>
> I know yum handles i368, i686 and noarch in yum-arch  but how about s390
>

> I want yum on s390 too, does yum-arch handle it ?
> what if I add alpha and ppc trees too ??
>
> Can "yum update" take the right architecture from a shared repository ?

I can give you a decided "it should". I've not tried it.

It does architecture comparisons and throws out the ones that don't
match on the client.

yum-arch just indexes and keys off of name.arch + epoch, ver, release

so it shouldn't have a problem but it's never been tested to do it.

give it a shot if you've got an non-x86 architecture to test on.

the rpm header doesn't care where it came from.