[Yum] fun things in the new daily

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Feb 14 21:35:22 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 16:23, R P Herrold wrote:
> Seth noted:
>
> > 1. url for conf file ie: yum -c http://myserver/mypath/yum.conf
> >   http, ftp and file urls
>
> Thanks -- I have written a GPL CGI handler to do dispatch,
> based upon 'GET'ted variants of the -c option.
>
>   http://www.owlriver.com/support/yum/
>
> This option is tremendously useful.  Any chance of an official
> backport for the RHL 7.x and rpm-4.1 variants of yum?

Here's the problem - I need someway of getting ConfigParser to take file
objects - which in python 1.5.2 it can't.
OR
I need some safe way of making temp files, which, is not available in
python 1.5.2 (or hell, in 2.2) either.

Subclassing the ConfigParser class was mentioned to me by michael
stenner. If it doesn't cause too much pain it would be possible.