[Yum] survey information

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Feb 10 23:18:47 UTC 2003

Hey,
 Wanted to thank everyone for sending me the general survey information.
A lot of folks are using yum in a bunch of different ways. Very cool.
Some people using it in ways I'd not ever anticipated (for example
someone using it on Solaris)

I'm glad it's working for most folks and I hope to keep it working (b/c
my sanity requires its continued functioning :)

I hope the next month or so shows a lot of very cool changes to yum. A
lot of neat feature adding and I hope y'all will be available test some
of the more potentially broken things.

I've been doing more work on it in the last couple of weeks and I've got
some new things in yum that I want to implement. But until I get them
more working than they are I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut about them.
:)

expect to see some daily tar balls for systems running rpm 4.2/Red Hat
Public Beta - Phoebe soon.

Thanks,