[Yum] error report -- latest tarball yum-20030203.tar.gz

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Tue Feb 4 14:09:58 UTC 2003

Hi Seth,
I think it's a good idea.  At some point you just have to diverge and go for
the python2 and rpm 4.2.  But I have one comment.
When you do the breakoff, can you make it everything greater than 2.0 instead
of 1.0.  That way, at some point, you can actually have a 1.0 release for the
python 1.x. rpm 4.0x.
I know that sounds trivial, but some people simply don't think a product is
usable until it hit's it's 1.0 release.  It's a mental thing I know, but it's
in alot of people's minds that way.
You could also say then that the yum 1.0 goes with python 1, and yum 2.x goes
with python 2.

Troy