[Yum] error report -- latest tarball yum-20030203.tar.gz (fwd)

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Feb 3 21:38:55 UTC 2003

On 3 Feb 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> So I think I know why you're having problems - you're attempting to run
> this on rhl 8.0 - specifically on rpm 4.1. I'm not sure how to handle
> this w/o making the code ugly with if statements.
>
> But, I need a good way of getting people from psyche to phoebe+ cleanly.
> hmm.

<smile> -- I feel your pain -- but really (please, please
...), coverage through each RPM point release seems necessary
[rpm-4.1.x looks like it will be a Psyche only variant, with
].  Particularly, I am hoping to extend yum as a sub-tool in
my SRPM auto-builder script project, and need it working
genericly for Alpha and Sparc porting.

-- Russ Herrold